7 Computer Issues That You Can Fix Without Calling The IT Department
Let’s confess that computer issues can complicate your personal and professional life irrespective of the intensity of the glitches.
Whether you’re the in-charge of healthcare support, IT companies, a small business, or any executive of any field, computer troubles can consume both your time and energy. And, they can lead you to frustrating consequences!
Well, a computer usually starts exhibiting interruptions due to software and hardware glitches. To-the-point solutions are often easy to apply. You can easily get rid of those computer problems whether they are on your desktop, laptop, or work computer.
Here are the 7 most common computer problems with assorted solutions below.
1. Computer Running Slow
How does it feel when you try to open up an application on your computer and it takes an eternity to start?
No doubt, it appears extremely frustrating. You need not sit for the patience-test when you can avail some really effective solutions. Furthermore, old computers or PCs typically suffer from slow interaction issues, according to the Computer Repair Shop.
However, you can fix it with the following tricks:
- Your computer might be running a program that is comparatively more hungry than other existing programs. Such programs consume most of the resources leaving behind fewer resources for other tasks. To potentially solve this issue try opening Task Manager on your Windows system and then select the application to End Task.
- On the other hand, look out for malware or adware residing in your system that can affect the performance of your PC. Install sophisticated, all-rounder anti-virus software to eliminate such worries from the device.
- Moreover, you can deactivate the startup program from the Startup Tab under Task Manager. Autostart applications might slow down your PC to a great extent.
2. Frozen Computer Screen
On the second count, freezing computer displays are nothing less than a hazard.
The Computer Repair Shop professional states that the computer encounters the frozen condition when it goes through difficulty while handling multiple processes.
Additionally, your computer might be suffering from such a situation more frequently due to file corruption, registry issues, or insufficient memory on the system. Thus, you can try these tips:
- 90% of the frozen screen issues can be fixed with just a quick reboot.
- Check if your computer has malware or virus. Switch on the special amenities of the built-in firewall and anti-malware software for the best results.
- Inspect the memory, CPU, and disk issues, if they are high enough then resolve them.
3. Slow Internet Access
You are not the only one who is currently facing slow internet dilemmas.
The poor network connection might be restricting you from binge-watching your favorite Netflix shows or uploading your YouTube content. Whatever the task you’re doing on your computer, the poor internet can be the silent killer to all your enthusiasm. Here’s how can solve it:
- Before you blame your computer, take a look at your modem. Give it a quick restart as any power variation might interrupt the internet service.
- Meanwhile, keep an eye on the background applications that might be drawing all the resources. Shut those applications and check if it helps.
- In case you have connected your laptop or desktop wirelessly to the router, manage the efficiency of the network with a restart. Or, just try to place the router in an optimized position.
If nothing works for better bandwidth over the internet, then contact your internet service provider. Additionally, weather conditions can trigger network issues; hence, you have to wait for a while to solve the problem.
4. Computer Not Connected To Printer
Instances might surprise you when you are connecting to the printer through your computer and the specified print-out doesn’t come out.
The probable reason behind this might be that your printer doesn’t get connected to the computer. Opt for the solutions below to bring your computer and printer back into work:
- Simply, give your printer a restart. The printing queue might be overflowing. Thus, a reboot can mitigate the trouble. You can do something similar on your computer, too.
- One of the easy troubleshooting guides, you can check whether your computer requires an update. The printer driver should stay up-to-date with the latest computer software updates for fine-tuning your printing jobs.
- Additionally, you can deactivate the security software and firewall on your PC on a temporary basis. And, finally, check if it works. Don’t forget to enable the antivirus as soon as you are done.
5. Blank Screen On Computer Even Though Computer Turned On
When it comes to the desktop and your monitor appears totally black, even when you switch it on, then check the connecting cables. Yes, a loose connection in the desktop setup might lead your device to similar consequences.
Fix the loose connection with a reconnection, replacing the cables, trying another monitor. If you are suffering from this problem on a laptop, then you can try these options:
- Start with a reboot, first. Make sure that you can hear those laptop fans go off and on after the reboot takes place successfully. If your device is not working at all, then most probably, something is wrong. Otherwise, a reboot would fix your PC.
- Enter the BIOS configuration to either launch the default settings or boot the device from the hard disk. You can enter the BIOS settings by continuously pressing the DEL or F2 key after you tap the power key.
- Let the PC enter the Windows Automatic Repair initiative. To begin, switch off and on the device multiple times. It would definitely lead your PC to Automatic Repair. First, go with the Restart option; if that doesn’t work opt for System Restore under Advanced Options.
Hopefully, these would work.
6. The Computer Doesn’t Turn On Although Plugged In
When your computer doesn’t switch on it might be facing numerous troubles inside.
The inability to boot up successfully might detect tonnes of issues with your PC. However, you might be checking the plugs connected to your desktop to find out why it’s not turning up instead of being plugged in.
Use the following instructions for eliminating the trouble efficiently:
- In case it’s your laptop and you have plugged in the adapter, then make sure that the adapter is working. Alternate the charger as the charger can go faulty. For a desktop, it can be a problem with the circuitry even when you have checked all the power connections.
- Well, this case can directly connect to the previous issue. If you can sense that your display is only black whereas other counterparts are perfectly fine, then you can use the previous tricks. Detach the monitor and connect your laptop or desktop to an external monitor to check if that works.
- Disconnect all the peripherals or accessories such as a keyboard, mouse, USB drives, and others. Any electrical issue or hardware glitch can trigger such instances.
- Finally, you should proceed to uninstall, and then again install the operating system on your device. For example, if you used to work on Windows, then reinstalling the software would fix the issue.
7. Mouse Cursor Vanishes
Mostly, Windows 10 users are more likely to face the problem.
If your device has recently gone through an interrupted update, then this situation can appear. On the other hand, the same thing can happen when you wake up your PC from sleep and then shut it down immediately. Don’t worry as there are few definite solutions for disappearing mouse cursors.
- Re-enable the mouse settings. Search for Mouse Settings on your Windows device and enter the specific settings. Tap the Tab key to reach the menu named ‘Additional mouse options. Go to the Buttons tab and use the Tab key to fetch the Device settings. Enable your mouse, if it stays disabled.
- In case, you require a shortcut to the previous process, then you can try this one. You have to rely on the function keys such as F11, F9, F5, or F3. Depending upon the manufacturer of your laptop, simultaneously press Fn and one of the other function keys. Check your laptop manual for easy access.
- The mouse pointer might have disappeared as the mouse driver has gone outdated. Avail proper update of your mouse driver on your device.
These seven issues might seem to be a minor issue to the users, but the consistency of such problems might question the longevity of your computer. So, give your PC extra care and love.
Meanwhile, a reboot can eliminate almost every acute issue regarding your computer.
Additionally, you can try the Safe Mode enabling to resolve the blue screen of death issues or monitor problems. If the condition worsens, then your computer might need expert intervention.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- Future Of Work: Skills To Help You Remain Competitive In The Workplace
- How To Increase Your Salary As A Case Manager By Learning These Tech Skills
Nick Bryant is the author of Understanding Healthcare Is Half The Battle and a Senior Counselor with 13+ years of experience working in community health and mental health. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching WWE on Friday nights, and working toward a Google Data Analytics certification. If you have additional questions about community resources or government assistance programs, simply leave a comment below and he will follow up as soon as possible.