- How To Find Low-Cost Clinics In Fort Worth That Treat The Uninsured
- Low-Cost Medical Clinics In Ft Worth
How To Find Low-Cost Clinics In Fort Worth That Treat The Uninsured
In this guide, I will provide you with an extensive list of affordable healthcare options in Fort Worth if you are uninsured, insured, or have a low income.
Low-cost medical clinics are health care institutions that employ doctors, nurses, and other personnel to care for individuals who are typically considered low-income or uninsured.
These low-cost clinics are important to the Houston neighborhoods they serve because roughly 171,000 people in Fort Worth are uninsured.
Another advantage of living in Fort Worth is having easy access to top-notch medical care. If you are uninsured and need to visit a doctor, there’s a good chance you live within 10 minutes of a clinic that can help you.
What Are Fort Worth FQHCs and How Do They Work?
First off FQHC stands for Federally Qualified Health Centers.
The purpose of an FQHC is to provide health care services to underserved areas in the community. To receive treatment at an FQHC you do not need to be working or have health insurance. Because of this, FQHCs are ideal for anyone who is uninsured in Houston and needs medical care.
Federally Qualified Health Centers, commonly referred to as FQHCs, are a type of clinic.
An FQHC’s purpose is to deliver medical services to underserved neighborhoods in Tarrant County. You don’t have to be employed or have health insurance to be seen at one of these federally funded clinics.
Are FQHC Clinics Free?
In most cases, no FQHC clinics are not free. However, medical services at an FQHC clinic may become free depending on your circumstances.
Lots of people refer to FQHCs as the “free clinics in Fort Worth,” although this isn’t quite correct.
While you don’t need a job or insurance, these neighborhood clinics are not necessarily free. These clinics operate based on sliding scale fees. This simply means that you are billed according to your monthly income. The “sliding scale” can potentially slide all the way down to $0, depending on your situation.
The bottom line is if you are uninsured in Fort Worth, underinsured, or recently lost your job these are all good options for treatment.
What Services Are Provided At Ft Worth FQHCs?
Many of the Fort Worth low-income clinics listed in this article provide services like those found below:
- Primary care
- Preventive health care
- Substance Abuse
How To Find Affordable Healthcare In Fort Worth Texas
Two places to find low-cost healthcare if you are uninsured in Fort Worth is by contacting either:
- JPS Health Network or
- North Texas Area Community Health Centers
These are two of the largest Fort Worth low-cost clinics in the area, therefore you should start here if you have no insurance.
In the next section, we will talk more about these affordable options for medical treatment in Tarrant County.
Low-Cost Medical Clinics In Ft Worth
Below you will find a map and a list of low-cost medical clinics in Fort Worth.
JPS Health Network: Affordable Healthcare In Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a system of county clinics. These clinics are managed by the Fort Worth Hospital District.
How To Become A JPS Patient
Services Offered At JPS Clinics In Fort Worth
Tarrant County families may get access to a number of healthcare and social services through the JPS healthcare program in Forth Worth. Some of those services include:
- Affordable primary care in Fort Worth
- Women’s health
- Men’s health
- Trauma care at the JPS hospital
- Mental health services
- Help managing a chronic condition
JPS Clinics In Ft. Worth, TX
Below is a list of several JPS clinics in Tarrant County. Throughout its Fort Worth health centers, which are listed below, JPS provides primary care, specialist treatment, and trauma care.
- Bardin Road Specialty Clinics – 1741 E. Bardin Road, Arlington, TX 76018 – 817.702.8700
- Ben Hogan Bone & Joint Institute (Acclaim) – 800 5th Avenue, Suite 400, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.9100
- Cardiology Center – 1400 S. Main Street, 1st Floor, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.6926
- Center for Pain Management – 710 W. Leuda Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.5958
- Central Arlington Behavioral Health – 501 W. Main Street, Arlington, TX 76010 – 817.702.3100
- Dermatology Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 501, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Diamond Hill Health Center – 3308 Deen Rd, Ft Worth, TX 76106 – 817.702.1100
- Eligibility and Enrollment Center – 1325 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1001
- Emergency Department – 1575 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8828
- Endocrinology Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 502, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Family Health Center – 1500 S. Main Street, 4th Floor, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1215
- Gastroenterology Clinic – 1350 S. Main Street, Suite 3200, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Gertrude Tarpley-Watauga Health Center – 6601 Watauga Road, Suite 12, Watauga, TX 76148 – 817.702.1100
- Grapevine-Colleyville Health Center – 3050 Timberline Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051 – 817.702.4857
- Healing Wings-Infectious Disease – 1350 S. Main Street, Suite 1600, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3701
- Health Center for Women – 1201 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.6500
- Hepatology Clinic – 1350 S. Main Street, Suite 3200, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Hypertension Clinic – 1350 S. Main Street, Suite 3200, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Iona Reed Health Center – 401 Stribling Drive, Azle, TX 76020 – 817.702.1100
- John Peter Smith Hospital – 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1100
- JPS Center for Behavioral Health Recovery – 601 W. Terrell Ave, Ft. Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3100
- JPS Health Connect Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 401, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1100
- Magnolia Health Center – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 403, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1581
- Mansfield Health Center – 1920 N. Main Street, Mansfield, TX 76063 – 817.702.5120
- Medical Home Northeast Tarrant – 3200 W. Euless Boulevard, Euless, TX 76040 – 817.702.1100
- Medical Home Southeast Tarrant – 1050 W. Arkansas Lane, Arlington, TX 76013 – 817.702.1100
- Medical Home True Worth – 1513 E. Presidio Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 – 817.702.4895
- Neuro Diagnostics Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 304, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.2377
- Neurology Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 502, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Northwest Health Center for Women & Children – 2200 Ephriham Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164 – 817.702.6500
- Oncology & Infusion Center – 1450 8th Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8300
- Outpatient Pharmacy – 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3531
- Patient Care Pavilion – 1575 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3431
- Pediatric Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 400, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1307
- Polytechnic Health Center – 1650 S. Beach Street, Fort Worth, TX 76105 – 817.702.1100
- Psychiatric Emergency Center – 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3636
- Pulmonary Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 501, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Renal Clinic – 1350 S. Main Street, Suite 3200, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- Rheumatology Clinic – 1400 S. Main Street, Suite 502, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
- South Campus Health Center – 2500 Circle Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76119 – 817.702.1100
- Stop Six-Walter B. Barbour Health Center – 3301 Stalcup Road, Fort Worth, TX 76119 – 817.702.1100
- Surgical Center Arlington – 4400 New York Avenue, Arlington, TX 76018 – 817.702.8500
- Surgical Specialty Clinic – 1500 S. Main Street, 2nd Floor, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3000
- Trinity Springs Pavilion – 1500 S. Main Street, 2nd Floor, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.3636
- Urgent Care Center – 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1451
- Viola Pitts-Como Health Center – 4701 Bryant Irvin Road N., Fort Worth, TX 76107 – 817.702.1100
- Women & Infants – 1500 S. Main Street, 2nd Floor, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.1060
- Wound Care Clinic – 1350 S. Main Street, Suite 3300, Fort Worth, TX 76104 – 817.702.8400
North Texas Area Community Health Centers
North Texas Area Community Health Centers offer a network of affordable FQHC clinics in the Fort Worth area. They accept patients who have health insurance and even offer a financial assistance program to help you pay if you are uninsured in Fort Worth.
How To Become A NTACHC Patient
To make an appointment at a North Texas Area clinic you can visit their website or call them at 817.625.4254 for more information.
Services Offered Through North Texas Area Community Health Centers
You can receive the following low-cost medical services in Fort Worth by contacting a North Texas Area clinic:
- Adult primary care
- Affordable Pediatric care in Fort Worth
- Women’s health
- Mental health services
- Pharmacy services
North Texas Area Clinics In Fort Worth
North Texas Area Community Health Centers have 3 clinics spread out between Fort Worth and Arlington.
- Northside Community Health Center – 2332 Beverly Hills Dr. Fort Worth, TX 76114 – 817.625.4254
- Southeast Community Health Center – 2909 Mitchell Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76105 – 817.625.4254
- Arlington Community Health Center – 979 N. Cooper St. Arlington, TX 76011 – 817.625.4254
One of the issues that someone who does not have a doctor may encounter is a lack of expert medical care.
These individuals are commonly seen at the emergency department seeking treatment. These patients may be seen at the emergency department for care, only to be discharged home 5, 6, or 8 hours later with no strategy in place to treat their sickness. If your disease is not life-threatening, you will usually be discharged promptly from many ERs. The reason being is that beds must be saved for people who have potentially deadly medical issues such as breathing difficulties, heart attacks, vehicle accidents, and gunshot wounds.
Even if you go to the emergency room for treatment, you’ll need a doctor to follow up with in order to get new prescriptions or notify you of any side effects. After you’ve been discharged, an ER physician will rarely write a new prescription for you. Instead, they’ll advise you to contact your own doctor…
This is why, if you are uninsured, scheduling an appointment with clinics like these is so essential.
If you don’t have health insurance, there are plenty of low-cost doctors in Fort Worth to find, so if one is nearby, call them for an appointment.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- How To Apply For Food Stamps In Fort Worth
- JPS Health Network: Affordable Healthcare Options For The Uninsured In Tarrant County
- 18 Low-Cost Medical Clinics In Dallas That Treat The Uninsured
- How To Apply For Parkland Plus Health Insurance
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.