- How To Find My Towed Car In Houston
- 3 Ways To Find Your Vehicle If You Were Towed In Houston
- Call HPD To Find A Houston Vehicle That Was Towed
- Using Find My Towed Car Houston To Locate Vehicle
- How To A Complaint On The Find My Towed Car Website
- Contacting Find My Towed Car
- Call Harris County Sheriffs Department To Find A Harris County Vehicle That Was Towed
How To Find My Towed Car In Houston
It can be frustrating trying to find your towed vehicle in Houston. There are many different places that the tow truck company could take it after they have picked up your car and you’re not sure how to find them all.
Luckily, the City of Houston makes it easy to track down your towed vehicle in Houston. From checking with the police department’s impound lot or looking online at various services like Find My Towed Car, there are easy ways to locate your vehicle if it was towed in Houston.
3 Ways To Find Your Vehicle If You Were Towed In Houston
To find a car or truck that was towed, you have these 3 options:
- Contact HPD at 713.308.8500
- Visit the Find My Towed Car Houston website
- Call the Harris County Sheriff’s Office at 713.755.6042 (option 8)
Call HPD To Find A Houston Vehicle That Was Towed
You can the Houston Police Department Records Division to track down your towed car.
In order for HPD to help you find your car you will need to have the following information available:
- You VIN or
- You License plate number
The Houston Police Department towed vehicles number is 713.308.8500.
Using Find My Towed Car Houston To Locate Vehicle
First, you will need to visit the website Find My Towed Car. This is the Houston website that helps you to locate towed cars and trucks.
In order to find a lost vehicle in Houston you will need to have the following information:
- License plate number
- Where in Houston your car was towed from?
- What date did your car get towed in Houston?
Once you enter this information, Find My Towed Car will search the Houston tow yards to see if your vehicle was dropped off.
The website will list an address, telephone number, and business hours to allow you to make arrangements to pick up your car or truck.
Editor’s Note: According to the Houston Find My Towed Car website you will need to allow two hours from the time your car was towed to locate the car in this database.
How To A Complaint On The Find My Towed Car Website
If you want to file a complaint on the wrecker company, storage lot, or some other party, you can voice your concerns directly on the Houston Find My Towed Car website.
Their complaint page requires that you again enter information about your car (Make, Model, VIN, etc), your contact information, and the details of your complaint.
Contacting Find My Towed Car
If you need to speak to someone at Find My Towed Car, you can use the information below to make contact. The business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Houston Police Department – Auto Dealers Detail – 1002 Washington Ave, Basement Leve, Houston, TX 77002
Call Harris County Sheriffs Department To Find A Harris County Vehicle That Was Towed
If your vehicle was towed in Harris County, you can contact the sheriff’s department at 713.755.6042 (option 8) or 713.755.5000 to try finding your car.
You can visit the Harris County Sheriff’s Office website to learn more about the rights you have if your vehicle is towed.
Whether your car was towed from a Houston apartment complex, Midtown, or the Fiesta near NRG Stadium after a Texans game, you can use these agencies to help you track down your vehicle.
If your car was towed in Houston, the options for finding your missing vehicle are:
- Call HPD at 713.308.8500
- Call the Harris County Sheriff’s Offices at 713.755.6042 (option 8)
- Visit Houston Find My Towed Car
Coming back to a towed vehicle is an absolute pain, so I wish you the very best of luck in finding your car, my friend.
Similar Articles That May May Interest You:
- How To Apply/Renew Your Texas ID Or Driver’s License
- How to Get A Houston Birth Certificate
- Marriage License Harris County: How To Apply For Your Marriage License
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.