- Nana Academy: Free Online Appliance Repair Technician Training To Help You Earn $40K
- What Is Nana Academy?
- Free Classes Offered By Nana Academy
- Nana Academy Provides Free Online Appliance Repair Training In Houston
- How Much Money Do Appliance Repair Technicians Make?
- How To Get Started Making Money With Nana Academy
- What’s Included In The Nana Academy Program?
- Nana Academy Even Partners With Nonprofits And Government Programs
- 4 Ways To Scale Your Appliance Repair Business
Nana Academy: Free Online Appliance Repair Technician Training To Help You Earn $40K
In this guide, I will tell you about a company that provides free online training to become an appliance repair technician.
Nana Academy is an online training program that can help you start a new career repairing appliances like refrigerators, ovens, washers, and dryers. Training can be completed from the comfort of your own home and you can begin working in less than 30 days.
Continue reading to learn more about Nana Academy and how you can start a new career or side hustle to provide for your family.
Let’s first start by talking about what Nana Academy is.
What Is Nana Academy?
Nana Academy is a free online training program that teaches you how to become an appliance repair technician. You can complete the course in your own time, from anywhere with Internet access, and start working as soon as 30 days later according to Nana.
The opportunity is great for you if don’t quite have the skills or qualifications needed to find steady employment. Nana Academy can give you the skills needed to make a decent income without you having to quit your current job, attend college, or pay any fees upfront.
Free Classes Offered By Nana Academy
There are 4 sets of free classes that Nana offers. Those are:
- Appliance repair basics where you learn about tools that you will need, personal protective equipment, and other fundamentals needed to start a career in appliance repair.
- The laundry repair course will teach you how to fix common problems with washers and dryers. In these lessons, you will learn about the types of washers/dryers and all the moving parts inside these appliances.
- Refrigerator repair is another free online appliance course that you can take. After completing the lessons in this course, you will know how to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix problems within a refrigerator or an ice machine.
- Lastly, the free online cooking appliance repair classes will teach you everything you need to know to begin working on ovens, cooktops, and gas and electric stoves.
Nana Academy Provides Free Online Appliance Repair Training In Houston
If you are in Houston or either of the other major cities like Austin, Dallas, or San Antonio, you can enroll in the free appliance repair classes.
|States||Cities That Nana Academy Offers Free Classes For Appliance Repair|
|California||San Francisco, The Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego,|
|Texas||Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio,|
|Utah||Salt Lake City,|
Other states that offer these free appliance repair courses are Arizona, California, Oklahoma, and Utah. Visit their website to learn more about the specific cities that Nana training are offered in.
How Much Money Do Appliance Repair Technicians Make?
According to Salary.com the average appliance repair tech makes $46, 484 a year.
If you live here in southeast Texas, the average salary of an appliance technician in Houston is $43,021. This translates to $19 an hour.
How To Get Started Making Money With Nana Academy
To get started with Nana Academy, you will need to visit their website and register for the free online classes.
One of the biggest opportunities of Nana training is the chance to get started making money in less than 30 days.
Here is a timeline of what happens during your appliance repair training over the course of 30 days:
- Week 1 you will complete your online training. This includes taking two courses which would require 15 hours of study time.
- Week 2 you will begin shadowing an experienced appliance technician. They will provide you with hands-on training that is needed to help you understand how to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix people’s appliances. You are required to complete 50 repairs with your mentor before you can move to the next phase.
- Week 4 is the earliest that you can set out on your own and start making good money. Once you have completed all the Nana training they can help you to find paying appliance repair jobs to help you begin generating income.
Nana estimates that you can make $1,000 working part-time and $2,000 to $3,000 working weekly.
|Jobs Per Week||Weekly Pay Estimates||Yearly Pay Estimates|
|Part-time – 15-20 jobs/week||$1,000||$60,000 to $80,000|
|Full-time – 21-35 jobs/week||$2,000- $3,000||$80,000 to $100,000|
Editor’s note: I do not have any experience with appliance repairs, however, I assume that these figures are based on your city, additional certifications, education, and clientele.
What’s Included In The Nana Academy Program?
The program includes over 150 hours of video training with step-by-step instruction on how to diagnose a problem and repair appliances such as:
You’ll also receive the same basic tools professional technicians use like pliers for pulling out wires and screwdrivers for loosening screws in tight spaces.
Nana Academy Even Partners With Nonprofits And Government Programs
If you work for a nonprofit that services low-income clients, partnering with Nana Academy could greatly help them out.
Through a partnership with Nana Academy, you can have an expert appliance repair technician offer a workshop to help clients build hard skills that they can use to generate a monthly income to help their families.
To learn more about how you can partner with Nana to train those in your community to become appliance repair technicians visit the Nana partnerships page.
4 Ways To Scale Your Appliance Repair Business
Once you complete your training these are ways that you can scale your appliance repair business to make the most money possible.
- Hire Others – Nana Academy is providing you with free trainings to help you become an appliance repair technician. As you gain more experience and understanding you can then begin teaching others how to do this work and employ them in your own business.
- Advertise on Places Like Nextdoor – The Nextdoor website is a great place to advertise service businesses like appliance repair. To gain more leads for business you can create posts explaining your expertise in appliance repair or answer any questions that you see about these topics.
- Connect With Landlords – Landlords that own rent houses or duplexes need dependable workers like appliance repairmen. Websites like RentersWarehouse.com specialize in property management. Part of that management is scheduling service calls for broken ovens, refrigerators, dryers, and washing machine. Get in good with landlords
- Get A Contract With An Apartment Complex – Another way to really scale your business is to obtain a contract with an apartment complex. This article about property maintenance contracts will explain a little more about the basics of a business agreement between a landlord and contractor. Property management companies can provide you with more information about apartment complexes who are seeking services like appliance repair. You can even start your search for apartment maintenance contracts by starting at your own apartment if you currently live in one.
If you have submitted multiple resumes to employers but you are not getting interviews this can be extremely frustrating. Even if you are the best candidate for that job, you may not receive a callback.
One approach to this problem is to create your own cash flow, by starting your own service business as an appliance repair technician.
Nana Academy makes this process easy by offering free classes online to train you to become an appliance repair tech in less than 30 days. In addition, Nana will even provide you with job leads to help you start making money right away.
For more information about starting a new career repairing appliances visit the Nana Academy website.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- Staffing Agencies In Houston: A Motivated Job Seekers Guide To Finding Employment Fast
- Security Guard Training In Houston: How To Become A Texas Security Guard
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.