- Social Security Payment Schedule August 2022: What Day Will You Get Paid?
- What Is The Difference Between SSI And Social Security?
- General Payment Schedule For Social Security Checks
- Social Security Payment Schedule August 2022
- What Time Will My Social Security Check Be Deposited Into My Bank Account?
- What To Do If You Did Not Receive Your Social Security Check This Month?
- How To Find A Social Security Office Near You
Social Security Payment Schedule August 2022: What Day Will You Get Paid?
In this community resource guide you will learn:
- When to expect your August 2022 Social Security check.
- What time you can expect your August SSI check to hit your bank account.
- 2 calls you can make if you do not receive your August Social Security check on time.
This article will help you in any of these situations, whether you’re just getting started receiving Social Security benefits, assisting your parent with their monthly payments, or having difficulties remembering things.
To learn more about the payment schedule for August 2022 and plan ahead of time when your money will be deposited into your account, continue reading.
What Is The Difference Between SSI And Social Security?
SSDI is for people who are low-income and have a disability but haven’t worked much in their lives. SSDI is a benefit given to individuals who have 1. earned work credits and paid taxes, or 2. have a deceased spouse who worked and paid taxes throughout the years.
Here is more information on each.
- SSI is a needs-based program. This implies that you make very little money and have no work credits. SSI is an acronym for Social Security Income.
- Social Security, on the other hand, is a social insurance program in which you are entitled to a monthly payment based on your contributions if you meet certain requirements. You may get Social Security in a number of ways, including earning enough work credits, receiving payments from your deceased spouse’s account, or having a disability along with sufficient work credits.
Editor’s Note: The names for Social Security benefits are numerous. The acronym SSA is a form of social security. RSDI, SSDI, and SDI are alternative names for retirement, survivors, and disability insurance, respectively.
General Payment Schedule For Social Security Checks
Typically, Social Security payments arrive around the same time of the month for SSI or SSDI recipients, but the payment schedule can change each month.
When Will I Receive My SSI Check?
In general, if you qualify for SSI, your payment will be made on the first of the month. The only exception to this is if the first falls on a weekend; in that case, you could receive your SSI payment on the Friday before the weekend or at the latest the Monday after the weekend.
When Will I Receive My SSDI Check?
Your SSDI check will be deposited into your bank account on either:
- The 3rd of the month – If you receive both SSI and SSDI or you began receiving Social Security prior to May 1997, you will get your SSDI check on the 3rd of the month.
- 2nd Wednesday of the month – If you only receive SSDI and your birthday is between the 1st and 10th.
- 3rd Wednesday of the month – You only receive SSDI and your birthday is between the 11th and 20th.
- 4th Wednesday of the month – You only get an SSDI check and your birthday is between the 21st and 31st of the month.
As you may have noticed, many SSDI recipients receive their payment on a Wednesday. The only individuals who get their Social Security payments on a different day are those who began receiving Social Security prior to May 1997, as well as those who receive both SSI and SSDI.
Social Security Payment Schedule August 2022
If you receive either Social Security (also known as SSDI, SSA, or RSDI) or SSI the dates below are when you can expect to receive your Social Security check in August 2202.
First, let’s start with the Social Security checks.
August 2022 Payment Schedule For Social Security Checks
You can anticipate getting your monthly payment on the following days if you get a Social Security check:
- Wednesday, August 3rd – If you receive both Social Security and SSI or you started receiving Social Security prior to May 1997.
- Wednesday, August 10th – If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th.
- Wednesday, August 17th – If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th.
- Wednesday, August 24th – If your birthday falls between the 21st and 31st.
August 2022 Payment Schedule For SSI Checks
Your August 2022 SSI check will be deposited into your account on:
- Monday, August 1st
What Time Will My Social Security Check Be Deposited Into My Bank Account?
The bank’s policy will determine the exact time of your Social Security payment deposit. Most banks deliver Social Security checks on the day you are due to receive your money, usually between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Other banks deposit Social Security checks as soon as they receive the wire transfer, which means your check could be deposited a few days before your scheduled payment date. You should contact your bank to find out their specific policy for Social Security check deposits.
What To Do If You Did Not Receive Your Social Security Check This Month?
If you did not receive your Social Security there are a few things you can do to figure out what happened to your money.
First, call your bank and see if there were any problems with posting the payment. If the bank says there were no delays, contact the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213. Social Security suggests waiting 3 days before contacting them about a missing payment.
You can also contact or visit your local Social Security office for questions about a missing SSI check. With a little investigating, you should be able to figure out what happened to your Social Security money.
How To Find A Social Security Office Near You
If you’d rather talk to someone in person at the Social Security office about your missing SSI payment, this is also an option.
To find the closes Social Security office, you’ll need to visit the Social Security website and use their “Find A Social Security Office” tool.
Enter your Zip Code into the search bar and click “Search.” You’ll then see a list of Social Security offices in your area along with their addresses, phone numbers, and hours of operation.
Social Security beneficiaries will receive their monthly Social Security payments on the following days in August of 2022:
- Monday, August 1st – If you receive an SSI check.
- Wednesday, August 3rd for those who receive both Social Security and SSI or started receiving Social Security prior to May 1997.
- Wednesday, August 10th for those whose birthday falls between the 1st and 10th and who are expecting an SSDI check.
- Wednesday, August 17th for those with a birthday between the 11th and 20th and who are expecting an SSDI check.
- Wednesday, August 24th for those with a birthday between the 21st and 31st and who are expecting an SSDI check.
If you don’t receive your Social Security check in August 2022, call your bank first. If they are unable to assist you, wait three days from the date you were expecting your check and contact the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213. They should be able to assist you in locating your August 2022 Social Security payment.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- 9 States Offering Extra Food Stamps In August 2022
- How To Contact A Social Security Office For A Name Change
- How To Apply For Social Security Disability Benefits
- Where To Find Houston Social Security Offices To Apply For Benefits
- How To Appy For The $255 Social Security Death Benefit If Your Spouse Passes Away
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.