Social Security Payment Schedule September 2022: What Day Will You Get Paid?
In this community resource guide you will learn:
- When to expect your September 2022 Social Security check.
- What time you can expect your SSI check to hit your bank account.
- 2 calls you can make if you do not receive your September Social Security check on time.
This article will assist you in any of these cases, whether you’re just getting started receiving Social Security payments, assisting your parent with their monthly payments, or have memory issues and cannot remember when your SSI check arrives.
Continue reading to learn more about the payment schedule for the upcoming September 2022 Social Security checks.
What Is The Difference Between SSI And Social Security?
SSDI is for low-income individuals with disabilities that have not earned enough work credits throughout their life.
SSDI on the other hand is a benefit given to individuals who have either 1.) earned work credits and paid taxes, or 2.) have a deceased spouse who worked and paid taxes throughout the years.
Here is more information on each.
- SSI is a needs-based program. This implies that you make very little money and have no work credits. SSI is an acronym for Social Security Income.
- Social Security, on the other hand, is a social insurance program in which you are entitled to a monthly payment based on your contributions if you meet certain requirements. Social Security can be accessed through a few methods, including having enough work credits, payments from a deceased spouse’s account, or having a disability with sufficient work credits.
Editor’s Note: There are many names for Social Security benefits. SSA is a form of social security. RSDI, SSDI, and SDI are alternative names for retirement, survivors, and disability insurance respectively.
General Payment Schedule For Social Security Checks
The typical Social Security payment arrives around the same time each month for SSI or SSDI recipients, but the payment schedule may vary from month to month.
When Will I Receive My SSI Check?
In general, if you are eligible for SSI, your payment will be paid on the first of the month. The only exception to this is if the first falls on a weekend; in that case, you could receive your SSI payment the Friday before the weekend or the Monday after.
When Will I Receive My SSDI Check?
Your SSDI check will be deposited into your bank account on either:
- The 3rd of the month – If you receive both SSI and SSDI or you began receiving Social Security prior to May 1997, you will get your SSDI check on the 3rd of the month.
- 2nd Wednesday of the month – If you only receive SSDI and your birthday is between the 1st and 10th.
- 3rd Wednesday of the month – You only receive SSDI and your birthday is between the 11th and 20th.
- 4th Wednesday of the month – You only get an SSDI check and your birthday is between the 21st and 31st of the month.
As you may have noticed, many SSDI recipients receive their payment on a Wednesday. Only people who began receiving Social Security before May 1997 and those who receive both SSI and SSDI will receive their payments on a different day.
Social Security Payment Schedule September 2022
If you receive either Social Security (SSDI, SSA, or RSDI) or SSI you’ll find your expected payment schedule for your September 2022 Social Security check below.
September 2022 Payment Schedule For Social Security Checks
You can anticipate getting your monthly payment on the following days if you get a Social Security check:
- Friday, September 2nd – If you receive both Social Security and SSI or you started receiving Social Security prior to May 1997.
- Wednesday, September 14th – If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th.
- Wednesday, September 21st – If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th.
- Wednesday, September 28th – If your birthday falls between the 21st and 31st.
September 2022 Payment Schedule For SSI Checks
Your September 2022 SSI check will be deposited into your account on:
- Thursday, September 1st
What Time Will My Social Security Check Be Deposited Into My Bank Account?
The bank’s policy will determine when you receive your Social Security payment deposit. The majority of banks send Social Security check payments the day your money is due, generally between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Social Security checks are typically deposited by banks as soon as they receive the wire transfer. This means that your check could be deposited a few days before your scheduled payment date. If you have any questions about this policy, consider contacting your bank directly.
What To Do If You Did Not Receive Your Social Security Check This Month?
If you did not receive your Social Security there are a few things you can do to figure out what happened to your money.
- Call your bank and see if there were any problems with posting the payment. If the bank says there were no delays, contact the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213. Social Security suggests waiting 3 days before contacting them about a missing payment.
- You can also contact or visit your local Social Security office for questions about a missing SSI check. With a little investigating, you should be able to figure out what happened to your Social Security money.
How To Find A Social Security Office Near You
To find the closes Social Security office, you’ll need to visit the Social Security website and use their “Find A Social Security Office” tool.
Enter your Zip Code into the search bar and click “Search.” You’ll then see a list of Social Security offices in your area along with their addresses, phone numbers, and hours of operation.
Social Security beneficiaries will receive their monthly Social Security payments on the following days in September of 2022:
- Thursday, September 1st – If you receive an SSI check.
- Friday, September 2nd for those who receive both Social Security and SSI or started receiving Social Security prior to May 1997.
- Wednesday, September 14th for those whose birthday falls between the 1st and 10th and who are expecting an SSDI check.
- Wednesday, September 21st for those with a birthday between the 11th and 20th and who are expecting an SSDI check.
- Wednesday, September 28th for those with a birthday between the 21st and 31st and who are expecting an SSDI check.
If you don’t get your Social Security payment in September 2022, call your bank first. If they are unable to help you, wait three days after the date you were expecting your check and contact the Social Security Administration at 800.772.1213. They should be able to assist you in finding your monthly social security payment for September 2022.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- How To Contact A Social Security Office For A Name Change
- How To Apply For Social Security Disability Benefits
- Where To Find Houston Social Security Offices To Apply For Benefits
- How To Appy For The $255 Social Security Death Benefit If Your Spouse Passes Away
Nick Bryant is the author of Understanding Healthcare Is Half The Battle and a Senior Counselor with 13+ years of experience working in community health and mental health. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching WWE on Friday nights, and working toward a Google Data Analytics certification. If you have additional questions about community resources or government assistance programs, simply leave a comment below and he will follow up as soon as possible.