How to Get a Free AC Tune Up in Houston: The Cool Saver A/C Tune-up Program
In this community resource guide, you will learn how to get a free AC tune up in Houston.
Summertime in Houston is hot, humid, and uncomfortable! If you’re like most people, you probably crank up the AC to escape the heat. But what happens when your AC unit starts to fail? You could be looking at a costly repair bill.
Luckily, Center Point Energy offers a free AC tune up program called the Cool Saver A/C Tune-up.
In this blog post, you will learn how to take advantage of this program and get a free tune up for your air conditioner!
How To Get An AC Tune Up For Free In Houston (Center Point Cool Saver Program)
If you are a Center Point customer you can get a free tune up from their Cool Saver Program.
To sign up for this free Houston AC tune up program you will need to visit the Center Point Energy website. There you can complete a short application to have someone come out and tune your air conditioner up for free.
You can also call Center Point at 866.688.2323 to schedule a free AC tune up in Houston.
What Are The Qualifications For A Free AC Tune Up?
These are the qualifications for this free AC repair program in Houston:
- Must be a Center Point Energy customer.
- Your AC must be working.
- The unit needs to be at least 1 year old.
- The AC system must be a residential unit that is no more than five tons.
- Have a single-family home. No apartments are allowed.
- You have not received a free AC tune up from Center Point in the past 5 years.
- The temperature needs to be at least 70 degrees outside to get an AC tune up.
Are There Any Hidden Costs?
There could be…
I contacted Center Point to ask this and they stated that the only potential costs are:
- A cost to replace your AC filter
- You pay the cost of refrigerant for your AC unit
Again it’s not guaranteed that you will have to pay these costs, but these would be the only services that you would pay for in this “free AC tune up”.
If you are wondering “what the cost of an AC tune up” is from Center Point? The answer is $0. To get your free AC tune up in Houston simply call Center Point at 866.688.2323 or visit CenterPointEnergy.com/CoolSaver.
The cost of AC tune ups seems to start around $69 so this doesn’t seem like a bad deal; especially if you don’t have to pay for another filter or especially air conditioner refrigerant.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- How To Call 211 Texas For Utility Assistance In Your Area
- How To Find Emergency Rental Assistance In Houston
- Texas LIHEAP: A Utility Assistance Program In Texas For Senior Citizens
- Texas Housing Assistance: How To Find A Housing Program And Get Approved In Less Than 30 Days
- A List Of Every Housing Authority In Texas
- Avoid Utility Disconnection: How To Get A 63 Day Protection Against Disconnection If You Have A Critical Medical Issue
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.