El Centro de Corazon: SE Houston Clinics To Treat The Uninsured
In this guide, I will talk to you about an affordable healthcare clinics in southeast Houston called El Centro de Corazon.
Contrary to what people believe there are affordable healthcare options for people who are uninsured. The best option for you if you are uninsured or considered low-income is something called a Federally Qualified Health Center or FQHC.
I’m Nick Bryant, founder of HoustonCaseManagers.com where we help medical professionals and clients understand the healthcare options that are available to them like Houston FQHC clinics.
Today I will talk to you about a number of FQHC clinics in Houston called El Centro de Corazon that can treat you regardless of your income or if you have insurance.
Sliding Scale Payment System
While services are not necessarily free, they are willing to work with you regardless of your financial situation. The price you pay for an office visit is based on a “sliding scale” payment system. The “sliding scale” adjusts according to your monthly income. Someone with a full-time job would pay more for medical services (because they can) than someone who has no job or monthly income.
Services Provided At El Centro de Corazon Clinics In Southeast Houston
El Centro de Corazon clinics provide the following affordable medical services:
- Dental – El Centro provides affordable dental care in SE Houston like preventative care, cleanings, scaling, root canal, extractions, and sealants.
- Women’s Health – If you are needing well women’s checkups in East End Houston, consider these clinics. Here women can receive prenatal care, postpartum care, well women exams, family planning, testing for STDs, infertility evaluation, biopsies, and pelvic ultrasounds. El Centro even provides male circumcisions.
- Behavioral – El Centro offers the following mental health resources in southeast Houston: psychiatric evaluations, medication management, play therapy, individual and family therapy, parenting support group.
- Primary Care – Each El Centro clinic also offers primary care services like: well exams, sick visits, immunizations, chronic disease management, newborn screenings, hearing and vision screenings for children.
In addition El Centro offers programs like diabetes self management, children’s wellness, pregnancy program for families.
El Centro de Corazon Locations In Houston
As aforementioned each El Centro clinic is located in SE Houston. Below are the addresses for each of these affordable healthcare clinics in East End.
- Eastwood – 412 Telephone, Houston, TX 77023
- Magnolia – 7037 Capitol Street, Suite N100, Houston, TX 77011
- John S. Dunn – 7635 Canal St, Houston, TX 77012
- Southeast – 5901 Long Drive, Suite 500, Houston, TX 77087
If you are uninsured and live in East End, El Centro de Corazon is a group of SE Houston clinics that you can consider. This affordable healthcare network provides services like primary care, mental health service, pediatrics, and more.
For more information, you can visit the El Centro de Coazon website or call them at 713.660.1880.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- 15 Low Cost Medical Clinics In Houston That Treat The Uninsured
- How To apply for Harris Health Gold Card
- Avenue 360: Affordable Health Care Clinics In Houston
- Hope Clinic: Affordable Medical Care In SW Houston
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.