- Memorial Area Ministries: Helping Low-Income Residents In Spring Branch With Rent And Utility Assistance
Memorial Area Ministries: Helping Low-Income Residents In Spring Branch With Rent And Utility Assistance
In this guide, I will tell you about a Houston nonprofit that helps the west side of Houston with rental assistance. That financial assistance agency is called Memorial Area Ministries or MAM.
If you recently lost your job, are a single mother, or have an eviction notice Memoria Area Ministries may be able to help you with financial assistance to pay your bills. This includes things like delinquent rent, mortgage, and utility bills.
In this guide, I will tell you more about this west Houston nonprofit, the zip codes they serve, and explain how you can apply for rental assistance.
What Is Memorial Area Ministries?
This is a Spring Branch, Texas-based non-profit that assists the community with basic needs. Memorial Area Ministries may be able to provide you with assistance services to assist you in getting back on your feet if you are unable to pay your bills, unemployed, or receive government aid.
What Zip Codes Of Houston Do They Help?
MAM services are available in the following zip codes:
The service area can change so you are encouraged to contact Memorial Area Ministries at 713.574.7533 to ensure they provide assistance to your zip code.
What Type Of Assistance Do They Offer?
In addition to providing rental assistance in Spring Branch and West Houston, this nonprofit can help with the following basic needs:
- Job training, resume assistance, career coaching, and adult education sessions are just a few of the services available to assist you to gain employment.
- Immigration Legal Services are offered and the legal staff will help you with many immigration issues such as work visa, citizenship, and more.
- ESL and Citizenship classes are provided to help you prepare for the U.S. Citizenship exam and English as a second language class is available too.
- Mental health counseling and medical services in west Houston are also available to help clients with their needs.
- West Houston Back-to-school backpacks are offered for students to provide them with the supplies they need for class.
- Long-term case management and short-term case management services for families who are in need.
- Free tax preparation and filing are available to low-income and other families that qualify.
How To Apply For Rental Assistance With MAM
To apply for financial assistance for help paying your rent, mortgage, or utility bill you will need to contact Memorial Area Ministries.
MAM is open Monday through Fridays and you are encouraged to call them at any time between 9 am and 12 noon.
To schedule your appointment for rent assistance in Houston, call MAM at 713.574.7533.
Editor’s note: Financial assistance is not guaranteed. Rent assistance is limited and awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How To Stay In Your Home If You Cannot Find Rental Assistance
If you have been denied rental assistance from Memorial Area Ministries or any other financial aid program, there are things you can do to avoid being evicted from your house.
- Speak with your landlord as soon as possible. If you know that you will be unable to pay your rent or light bill, call them to see if there is any way to work something out. By informing these people about your situation and the measures you are taking to raise the money required, you can demonstrate good manners. This may involve notifying them about any Houston financial assistance programs that you have applied for.
- Learn about what your tenant rights are. Landlords are generally unable to evict you. Judges are the only ones who can do this. Getting in touch with a free legal aid organization in Houston can help you understand the legal rights that you possess. In our guide titled Free Legal Advice In Houston: Low Income Lawyers To Help You With Legal Programs, I can put you in touch with non-profits who can guide you through the eviction process to help you stay in your apartment.
In another of my guides, you’ll find even more detailed instructions to assist you to avoid eviction. That guide is titled 3 Things You Can Do To Avoid Eviction If You Cannot Find Rent Assistance.
How To Volunteer With Memorial Area Ministries
If you live in west Houston and would like to volunteer with MAM you can start the process by visiting their Memorial Area Ministries volunteer opportunities page.
MAM offers volunteers the chance to make a difference by providing them with many opportunities to give back in Spring Branch, TX. Some of those include:
- Family assistance
- Employment assistance services
- Volunteering in the Resale Store at MAM
- Helping to teach ESL classes in west Houston
To discover more about opportunities that require assistance, call MAM at 713.574.7540.
Memorial Area Ministries, a nonprofit organization that specializes in supplying basic requirements services to families who are having difficulties paying their expenses, single moms, or jobless people.
If you reside in west Houston, near the Spring Branch area, they might be able to assist you.
To learn more about how to get rent assistance in west Houston, you can visit the Memorial Area Ministries website, visit their office at 1625 Blalock, Houston, TX, 77080 or call them at 713.574.7533.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- Houston Utility Assistance Programs To Help You Pay Your Light Bill
- How To Find Rental Assistance Programs In Houston
- West Houston Assistance Ministries: Providing Rental Assistance In West Houston
- Staffing Agencies In Houston: A Motivated Job Seeker’s Guide To Finding A Job Fast
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.