Mission of Yahweh: Houston Homeless Shelter For Women And Children
In this community resources guide, you will learn about a homeless shelter in Houston that accepts women and children called the Mission of Yahweh.
If you are a woman with children who is homeless in Houston and needs a place to stay, this could be an option.
Continue reading to learn about how the Mission of Yahweh works.
What Is the Mission Of Yahweh?
The Mission of Yahweh is a homeless shelter for women and children in Houston, TX. The mission of the shelter is to provide a safe place for women and their children to stay while they are getting back on their feet.
Editor’s Note: Although the Mission of Yahweh mission is to help homeless women and children in Houston, assistance is provided on a first come first serve basis. Like many homeless shelters, if they reach capacity they will not be able to accept more families. Just keep this in mind whether you are calling for yourself or a client.
Where Is This Houston Homeless Shelter Located?
This homeless shelter is located near the intersection of Gessner and Tanner in the Fairbanks neighborhood of NW Houston. The address is 10247 Algiers Rd, Houston, TX 77041. For more information visit their website or call 713.466.4785.
Houston Mission Of Yahweh Supportive Services
The following are some of the services offered to shelter clients:
- The Mission of Yahweh Resale Shop offers affordable items such as furniture, kitchenware, clothing, and electronics. Women who live in the shelter also help operate the resale shop, hence gaining employment experiences like customer service, stocking, and inventory. The Resale Shop is open Monday – Friday from 10 am to 3 pm. It is open every other Saturday but closed on Sundays.
- Children’s Programs include academic tutorials, ArtBridge to inspire creativity, and a summer Bible School Program. Visit the Mission of Yahweh website for more information.
- Women’s Programs offer vocational counseling, money management classes, parenting classes, substance abuse help, faith-based counseling, and domestic abuse support. Go here for more information.
- Outreach Services include Christmas gifts for children, Thanksgiving meals, and backpack giveaways for students. For more information visit the shelter’s Outreach page.
If you are a woman with children who is homeless in Houston and need help, the Mission of Yahweh may be an option for you. They provide shelter to women and their families while they get back on their feet. This can offer many services including employment opportunities, childcare programs, substance abuse counseling, and domestic violence support groups.
If this sounds like something that could benefit your family feel free to call them at 713.466.4785 or visit their website.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- How To Find Homeless Shelters In Houston That Accept Whole Families
- Where To Find Men’s Shelters In Houston
- Here Is A List Of Women’s Shelters In Houston
- How To Get A Mailing Address In Houston If You Are Homeless
- 7 Options For Homeless Healthcare In Houston
- Operation ID: A Houston Homeless ID Assistance Program
Nick Bryant is the author of Understanding Healthcare Is Half The Battle and a Senior Counselor with 13+ years of experience working in community health and mental health. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching WWE on Friday nights, and working toward a Google Data Analytics certification. If you have additional questions about community resources or government assistance programs, simply leave a comment below and he will follow up as soon as possible.