- How To Find A Kids COVID 19 Vaccine In Houston
- How Old Does A Child Have To Be To Get The COVID 19 Vaccine?
- Where To Find Information About COVID 19 Vaccines For Children
- Speak To Your Child’s Doctor About A Vaccine For Children 5 And Older
- Houston Health Department
- Harris County Public Health Department
- Harris Health Gold Card
- Low-Cost Clinics In Houston With Vaccines For Kids
- Houston Grocery Stores Offering The Pediatric Vaccine
How To Find A Kids In Houston
In this community resource guide, I will explain how you can find a for kids in greater Houston.
In November, COVID 19 vaccines were approved for 5 to 17. The is just one tool that can be used to protect your family from serious medical conditions that could lead to serious illness, hospitalizations, or worse.
In this guide, you will leave about different healthcare providers who offer COVID 19 vaccinations to in Houston.
How Old Does A Child Have To Be To Get The ?
At the time of this writing, the CDC states that , 5 years and older can receive the . There is no authorized for 4 years old and under.
Editor’s Note: For updates on CDC website. Here you will find the of who can take a and the specific vaccines that have been authorized for . ‘s vaccines, you can visit the
Where To Find Information About COVID 19 Vaccines For
If you have questions about the kids , one reliable source of information is the CDC website.
On this website, they answer questions like:
- Is the safe for and teens?
- Which specific is available to and teenagers based on their age?
- Whether or not teens 16 and older can receive a ?
- How to prepare a child for a .
- Normal side effects that a child might experience after receiving the .
One more resource that you can have kids questions answered is the Memorial Hermann Nurse Health Line. This nurse helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and phones are answered by nurses who are capable of answering healthcare-related questions.
To speak with a nurse on this helpline, dial 713.338.7979 or 855.577.7979. This line is even staffed by bilingual nurses, so Spanish speakers are encouraged to call as well.
Speak To Your Child’s Doctor About A For 5 And Older
Your first option for obtaining a , but they can also answer any questions you might have about the process. for your child is by speaking to their pediatrician. Not only can your child’s healthcare provider give you a kid’s
Even if your child’s doctor’s office can not provide a pediatric COVID 19 shot, they will be able to advise you on where you can go to get a kid’s in Houston.
If your child does not have a primary care doctor you can find one in the following 2 ways:
- Call the number on the back of their health insurance card and request a doctor within 5 to 10 miles of your home.
- You can contact a federally funded health center if your child does not have health insurance. You can find a listing of these low-cost medical clinics in Houston right here.
You can schedule a kid’s in Houston by contacting your local Walgreens.
They allow you to make an by either:
- Making an Walgreens website. online by visiting the
- Calling Walgreens at 800.WALGREENS or 800.925.4733.
- Visiting or calling your local Walgreens pharmacy.
At the moment Walgreens offers the Pfizer-BioNTech To about eligibility or booster doses provided at Walgreens, you can visit their website or stop by a local pharmacy. to kids and teenagers aged 5 to 18.
CVS also offers COVID 19 vaccines in Houston. Kids 5 to 11 years old can get the Pfizer from CVS. ‘s
To get your child vaccinated for COVID 19 at a Houston CVS pharmacy you can:
- Schedule a kid’s online.
- Visit a CVS pharmacy near you.
To find a CVS pharmacy in your zip code you can visit their website and then type your zip code. You will then see a listing of pharmacies near your zip code.
If you have questions about the , you can find answers on the CVS website. They have a helpful FAQ section that answers many common questions that parents have.
The Houston offers another option for getting your child vaccinated against COVID 19. in Houston can get vaccinated for free by either visiting multi-service centers or registering online here.
Below is a listing of locations where the Houston offers vaccinations to kids in Harris County:
- Acres Homes MSC – 6719 W. Montgomery Rd. – 832.393.4220
- Hiram Clarke MSC – 3810 W. Fuqua St. – 832.393.4220
- La Nueva Casa de Amigos Health Center – 1809 North Main St. – 832.393.4220
- Magnolia MSC – 7037 Capitol St. – 832.393.4220
- Northside Health Center – 8504 Schuller Rd. – 832.393.4220
- Sharpstown Health Center – 6201 Bonhomme Rd. – 832.393.4220
- Southwest MSC – 6400 High Star Dr. – 832.393.4220
- Sunnyside Health Center – 4605 Wilmington St. – 832.393.4220
- PlazAmericas – 7500 Bellaire Blvd. – 866.333.2684
Each site will have different days and hours of operation. While these sites offer walk-in services, you are encouraged to contact them beforehand if you have questions.
One more thing to mention is that the City of Houston does not require health insurance or citizenship to provide you or your child with a .
If you have additional questions regarding a for your child, you can visit the Houston Emergency website or call the COVID 19 Call Center at 832.393.4220.
Houston appointments for 5 to 17 years old are also available through Harris County .
To make an 832.927.8787. You can also schedule an by visiting their website. for your child’s COVID 19 vaccination you can contact Harris County at
Harris Health Gold Card
If your child is a Harris Health system client, they can receive a at one of the local Gold Card clinics.
Parents of Gold Card can get vaccinated through Harris Health by either: with the
- Call 713.873.5437 to make an .
- Scheduling an through the MyHealth app.
To about child vaccinations at a Harris Health , you can visit their website.
Low-Cost Clinics In Houston With Vaccines For Kids
Low-Cost clinics, also known as federally qualified health centers or FQHCs can also offer vaccines for kids 5 to 17.
FQHCs are clinics that offer healthcare to underserved communities in Houston. At these clinics, no health insurance or a monthly income is needed to be treated. This even includes getting the for your .
Below is a list of FQHC clinics that provide Coronavirus vaccines to in Houston:
- Hope FQHC clinics are located in SW Houston. – Many of these
- IBN Sina – They have clinics in SW Houston, Clear Lake, and the Heights.
- Legacy low-cost clinics all throughout greater Houston. – Legacy is one of the largest FQHC networks in Houston. They have
- Spring Branch Community Health Center – These clinics are located in either Spring Branch or Katy.
- Vecino Health Centers – This Houston FQHC has one in Denver Harbor and a ‘s on Airline Drive and I-45.
To see even more clinics like this read our guide titled 15 Low-Cost Medical Clinics In Houston.
Houston Grocery Stores Offering The
If you want to find a for kids in Houston, there are many options…
Local pharmacies, grocery stores, your child’s doctor, even the health departments here offer pediatric COVID 19 vaccinations.
Any issues you have about the process for kids can be addressed by any of the healthcare providers in this article. When dealing with these providers, no question is deemed “dumb” or out of bounds, so definitely speak up if you have any questions. The most important thing is to ensure that your are safe.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- 5 Ways To Schedule A COVID Vaccine In Houston
- How To Replace Your COVID 19 Vaccination Card If You Lose It
- Curative COVID 19 Testing Locations In Houston
- Where To Find BinaxNow Home COVID 19 Tests In Houston
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.