How To Apply For In Texas
In this article, I will explain how to apply for in Texas.
This guide will help you to understand the basics of how the child support process works in Texas.
In addition, you will learn about the following child support topics:
- How to establish paternity in Texas
- The process of adding a father to a Texas birth certificate
- Information you will need about the noncustodial parent to apply for child support
- How to estimate the amount of child support you will get each month
- Your options for paying or receiving child support
- Who to contact to modify your child support order
- What are the penalties for not paying child support
As you can see there is a lot to cover, so let’s get started.
Editor’s Note: This article is for educational purposes only and is not a substitution for legal advice. For questions about a case, you are encouraged to speak to a or contact the Texas .
Establish Paternity In Texas
Before you can file for in Texas, you will need to establish paternity. You can establish paternity in 3 different ways:
- Marriage. If your one way to establish paternity in Texas. was born while you and your partner were married this is
- . -ordered testThe may request that a paternity test be performed if the mother and father disagree about the paternity. Ordered Paternity Test. The second way to establish paternity is through a
- Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP). Parents who are not married at the time of the birth of the use this legal document to establish the paternity of the . can
How To Add A Father To A Texas Birth Certificate
The first step to adding a father to your Correcting A Birth Certificate pdf‘s birth certificate is to establish paternity. After this, you will need to complete a Vital Statistics Form that allows you to correct a Texas birth certificate. You can find this document by visiting the Vital Applications and Forms page and scrolling down to the .
2 Ways To Apply For In Texas
If you need to apply for , you have 2 options; apply online or by mail.
Apply For Online
If you are a you can apply online. To complete an online application, you will need to visit the Texas . Here you will find the application and step by step instructions on applying for ‘s website who is seeking
Apply For By Mail
The second way to apply for is by mail. You will need to complete an application and then mail it to the Texas .
To get an application you can either:
- Contact the Texas AG Office at 800.252.8014 and have an application mailed to you.
- Visit the Texas AG website to request that an application be mailed to you.
What Do I Need To Apply For In Texas?
The information that you will need to know to apply for will include things about yourself and your ‘s parent. Specific things that will help your case include information like:
- The social security number of the
- A driver’s license number
- Telephone numbers to reach your ‘s parent
- The biological father or mother’s employment history
- The name and phone number of any that is representing you
Essentially the more information you can provide about your ‘s father or mother, the better.
How Do You Calculate In Texas?
The easiest way to estimate how much you should be paying in (or receiving) is by using the Monthly Calculator.
This calculator will use the following sources of information to determine an estimate of how much should be paid each month.
- Whether you or self-employed or an employee?
- How much do you receive on a monthly or weekly basis?
- The amount of money you pay toward your dental coverage.‘s medical or
- How many children you are ordered to pay for.
- The number of other children that you legally take care of.
Keep in mind, this tool can only give you an estimate of what you could pay/receive. The official amount will be determined by the .
How To Pay Your
The . Those include: gives you a number of ways to pay your
- Pay by mail
- Use a debit or credit card
- They accept cash and money orders
- They offer wage withholdings where is deducted from your paycheck.
- According to the Texas AG’s Office, 80% of payments are made this way.
- Bank auto draft
- Finally, pay at a pay kiosk. These are typically located at county courthouses
2 Ways To Receive Payments In Texas
Your two options for receiving checks are via direct deposit or a Texas card. This is essentially a prepaid card that your payments will be added to each month.
How To Modify Your Payments
As the payments each month to the is up to you. , the way that you make your
The amount that you pay will be up to the . If you need to pay less for , you will need a for a .
There are three different types of changes that may affect :
- Employment Changes
- Medical Coverage Changes
If there are any of these changes be sure to contact the to review your case. that increases or decreases could make you eligible for a modification.
What Happens If You Don’t Pay ?
The Texas take a number of legal actions against you or the biological parent if they do not pay . Some of the strategies that they use for include: can
- Suspending your driver’s license or a professional license.
- Jailing you or issuing fines based upon the number of missed payments.
- Rejecting your application for a new or renewed passport.
- Placing a on your home, a bank account, or injury settlement checks.
- Taking the out of winnings from the Texas Lottery.
- Reporting the failure to pay to various credit bureaus.
is a complex issue that can have long-term implications for Texas families. The provides resources to help navigate the process of applying for , paying , and modifying payments.
If you need assistance with any other legal matters related to Texas , you can visit the Texas website or call them at 800.252.8014.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- How To Establish Guardianship
- Where To Find Free Legal Advice In Houston
- Divorce Mediation Houston: A Free Divorce Resolution In Harris County
- 14 Programs To Help Single Moms (or Dads) In Houston
Nick Bryant is the author of Understanding Healthcare Is Half The Battle and a Senior Counselor with 13+ years of experience working in community health and mental health. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching WWE on Friday nights, and working toward a Google Data Analytics certification. If you have additional questions about community resources or government assistance programs, simply leave a comment below and he will follow up as soon as possible.