- Fort Worth Food Stamps: How To Apply For SNAP Benefits In Tarrant County
- What Are SNAP Benefits?
- Who Manages The Texas Food Stamps Program?
- Eligibility For SNAP benefits In Texas
- Texas Food Stamp Income Limits
- Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefits In Texas
- Documents Need To Apply For SNAP Benefits In Ft Worth, TX
- How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps Online
- How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps By Phone
- Fort Worth Food Stamp Offices Near You (How To Apply In Person)
- Download Your Texas SNAP Application
- Using The EBT Card (Texas Food Stamps)
- How To Apply For Emergency Food Stamps (Expedited SNAP Benefits)
- Tarrant Area Food Bank (Food Assistance Program Fort Worth)
Fort Worth Food Stamps: How To Apply For SNAP Benefits In Tarrant County
In this article, I’ll teach you how to apply for food stamps in Fort Worth, Texas.
If you are qualified for state assistance like Medicaid, CHIP, or TANF, you may be eligible for SNAP benefits. This program helps low-income families in Texas meet their nutritional needs.
To learn how to apply for food stamps in Forth Worth, TX, keep reading.
What Are SNAP Benefits?
The USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides financial assistance to low-income families so they may purchase food. Most people know this program as “food stamps”, however, the official name is SNAP, which stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Who Manages The Texas Food Stamps Program?
The food stamp program is run by the Texas Department of Human Services. To obtain food stamps, you must first contact this department. It’s worth noting that the Texas Department of Health and Human Services administers Medicaid, CHIP, TANF (welfare), Medicaid Retroactive Coverage, and other government assistance programs.
Eligibility For SNAP benefits In Texas
The majority of SNAP benefits are distributed in Texas to low-income families.
Low-income adults in Fort Worth who are 18 to 49 years old with no children and low-income can get SNAP benefits. However, the assistance will only be valid for three months.
Food stamp benefits in Texas may be extended if you work 20 hours a week or are enrolled in a training program for more than three months. Generally, the Texas SNAP program does not require low-income pregnant women and persons with disabilities to work in order to receive food stamps.
Texas Food Stamp Income Limits
This chart shows how much money you may make each month while still receiving food stamps in Texas.
|Household Size||Income Limits For Food Stamps In Texas|
|Each additional person||$616|
Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefits In Texas
This is how much money you could receive from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) each month, according to your family size.
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefits (Texas)|
|Each additioanl person||$153|
We’ve put up a resource guide to assist you in maximizing your food stamp benefits, called 4 Steps To Increase Your Monthly Food Stamp Benefits.
Documents Need To Apply For SNAP Benefits In Ft Worth, TX
The following is a summary of all of the documents you’ll need to submit when applying for SNAP benefits.
- ID: A driver’s license, school or work ID, medical insurance ID, voter registration card, birth certificate, or other identification are required.
- Proof of Address: Utility bills, rent, mortgage receipts showing address or a Voter’s ID are all consider proof of address.
- Proof of Income: check stubs, employment statement, social security, supplemental security income or veteran’s benefits, alimony, unemployment, retirement, or disability benefits
- Immigration Status: Documents related to immigration and naturalization
- Expenses: Mortgage and credit card payments, property taxes, home insurance, child care expenses, electricity and gas costs
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, detailed receipts showing unreimbursed medical expenses, prescriptions bottles showing cost on label or printout, medical payment agreement
- Verify Resources: Certificates of deposits, savings accounts, stock shares or bonds, and rental property documentation are just a few examples.
How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps Online
To begin the application process for Texas food stamps online, go to YourTexasBenefits.com. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services manages this website, so you can also apply for government assistance like Medicaid and CHIP while you’re there.
How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps By Phone
To apply for food stamps over the phone, call the Texas Department of Health and Human Services Commission at 877.541.7905.
It is possible to apply for SNAP by phone, but it may take some time. If you want to apply for food stamps over the phone, read our article titled How To Navigate The Texas Health and Human Services Helpline, to assist you with reaching a live 211 operator faster.
Fort Worth Food Stamp Offices Near You (How To Apply In Person)
You must first go to a Texas Department of Health and Human Services office in Fort Worth, TX, to apply for food stamps in person.
Here’s a list of Texas Health and Human Services offices in Fort Worth. You may apply for food stamps, Medicaid, or CHIP at any of these locations.
- Arlington Food Stamp Office – 1540 NEW YORK AVE, ARLINGTON, TX, 76010 – 817.461.8273
- South Fort Worth Food Stamp Office – 1501 CIRCLE DR STE 110, FORT WORTH, TX, 76119 – 817.321.8000
- West Ft Worth Food Stamp Office – 2220 MALL CIRCLE, FORT WORTH, TX, 76116 – 817.625.2161
- Woodhaven, TX Food Stamp Office – 7450 JOHN T WHITE RD, FORT WORTH, TX, 76120 – 817.563.3800
- Stop 6 Food Stamp Office – 4733 E LANCASTER AVE STE 101, FORT WORTH, TX, 76103 – 817.536.3353
- Richardson TX Food Stamp Office – 1059 S. SHERMAN ST., RICHARDSON, TX, 75081 – 972.480.5000
- Fort Worth Food Stamps Office – 4200 S FWY STE 16, FORT WORTH, TX, 76115 – 817.927.2834
Download Your Texas SNAP Application
Click HERE to download your SNAP application.
Using The EBT Card (Texas Food Stamps)
You may use your EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) or Lone Star Card to buy groceries after you’ve been accepted for SNAP. You should utilize your EBT Card the same way that you would a debit card. Every time you use your EBT Card, your account will be charged.
How To Apply For Emergency Food Stamps (Expedited SNAP Benefits)
In certain situations, the Texas Department of Health and Human Services will speed up your application for food stamps. If you meet the requirements, emergency food stamps can be given within 24 hours. To qualify for accelerated SNAP benefits in Texas, you must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- All household members are seasonal or migrant workers and are destitute with less than $100 in funds
- The household has less than $100 in funds and its monthly gross income is under $150
- The monthly household income and cash is less than the household’s monthly housing expenses
If you apply for food assistance online or by paper, look for this section. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services will assess your answers in this area to see if your situation is critical and determine if you qualify for emergency food stamp benefits in Texas
There is no separate application for emergency food stamps in Texas. You submit the same paperwork as you would for regular SNAP benefits. To begin, you may fill out an online form at Your Texas Benefits.
Tarrant Area Food Bank (Food Assistance Program Fort Worth)
The Tarrant Area Food Bank is a nonprofit organization that provides food and other essentials to people in need. The TAFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in Fort Worth, Texas.
The goal of the TAFB is to provide nutritious food for you if you cannot afford it on your own. They connect you with pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and low-cost groceries so you can get enough healthy food for you and your family members.
If you are interested in learning more about this Fort Worth food assistance program visit the Tarrant Area Food Bank website or call them at 817.857.7100. Their office is located at 2600 Cullen Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides cash assistance for food to eligible families.
Texas Health and Human Services may assist you in paying for your groceries if needed. If you qualify for food stamps, you will receive a recurring payment each month to help you feed your family.
If you live in Ft Worth, you have three ways to apply for food stamps:
- Apply online by visiting YourTexasBenefits.com.
- You can call the Texas Health and Human Services Commission to apply for SNAP benefits by phone. The Texas food stamps phone number is 877.541.7905.
- Apply in person at a Fort Worth food stamp office.
If you have any questions about how to apply for SNAP benefits in Ft Worth or require a food stamp application, please leave a comment below and I will respond.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- 4 Steps To Increase Your Monthly Food Stamp Benefits
- How To Apply For Emergency Food Stamps In Texas
- JPS Health Network: Healthcare In Fort Worth For The Uninsured
- How To Apply/Renew Your Texas ID Or Driver’s License
- How To Find Dallas Food Stamp Offices To Apply For SNAP
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.