- How To Apply for Food Stamps In Dallas, TX
- What Are SNAP Benefits?
- Who Manages The Texas Food Stamps Program?
- Eligibility For SNAP benefits In Texas
- Texas Food Stamp Income Limits
- Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefits In Texas
- Documents Need To Apply For SNAP Benefits
- How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps Online
- How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps By Phone
- How To Apply For SNAP Benefits At A Local Food Stamp Office
- Dallas Food Stamp Offices
- Download Your Texas SNAP Application
- Using The EBT Card (Texas Food Stamps)
- How To Apply For Emergency Food Stamps (Expedited SNAP Benefits)
How To Apply for Food Stamps In Dallas, TX
In this guide, I will show you how to apply for SNAP benefits in Dallas, TX.
If you currently receive state benefits like Medicaid, CHIP, or TANF you could qualify for SNAP food benefits. This program helps Texas families who are considered low income to afford nutritious meals.
Continue reading to learn more about how to apply for SNAP benefits at a Dallas, TX food stamps office.
What Are SNAP Benefits?
This is a federal food assistance program that assists low-income families with the cost of meals. This program is most commonly known as “food stamps.” The official name for this Texas food benefits program is SNAP, and it stands for Supplemental Nutrition assistance program.
Who Manages The Texas Food Stamps Program?
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services administers the food stamp program.
To apply for SNAP benefits, you must go through this department. It’s also worth noting that the Texas Department of Health and Human Services is where you may apply for Medicaid, CHIP, TANF (welfare), Medicaid Retroactive Coverage, and other government assistance programs.
Eligibility For SNAP benefits In Texas
SNAP food benefits are typically awarded to low-income families in Texas.
Low-income adults in Dallas who are 18 to 49 years old and have no children can receive SNAP benefits. The benefits will however only last for only 3 months.
Your food stamp benefit period can be extended if you work 20 hours a week or you are enrolled in a job training program. Low-income pregnant women and adults with disabilities may not have to work to receive food stamps in Texas.
Texas Food Stamp Income Limits
This chart shows you how much money you might make each month and still receive food stamps in Texas.
|Household Size||Income Limits For Food Stamps In Texas|
|Each additional person||$616|
Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefits In Texas
This is the monthly amount of Texas SNAP benefits that you may receive based on your family size.
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefits (Texas)|
|Each additioanl person||$153|
To ensure that you receive the greatest amount of food stamps possible, we’ve created a guide to help you called 4 Steps To Increase Your Monthly Food Stamp Benefits.
Documents Need To Apply For SNAP Benefits
Here’s a list of all the documents you’ll need to apply for SNAP benefits, as a general rule:
- ID: A driver’s license, school or work ID, medical insurance ID, voter registration card, birth certificate, or other identification are required.
- Proof of Address: Utility bills, rent, mortgage receipts showing address or a Voter’s ID are all consider proof of address.
- Proof of Income: check stubs, employment statement, social security, supplemental security income or veteran’s benefits, alimony, unemployment, retirement, or disability benefits
- Immigration Status: Documents related to immigration and naturalization
- Expenses: Mortgage and credit card payments, property taxes, home insurance, child care expenses, electricity and gas costs
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, detailed receipts showing unreimbursed medical expenses, prescriptions bottles showing cost on label or printout, medical payment agreement
- Verify Resources: Certificates of deposits, savings accounts, stock shares or bonds, and rental property documentation are just a few examples.
How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps Online
To apply for food stamps online you will need to visit YourTexasBenefits.com. This website is run by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, so you may also apply for government aid programs like Medicaid and CHIP.
How To Apply For Texas Food Stamps By Phone
To apply for food stamps by phone, call the Texas Health and Human Services Commission at 877.541.7905.
It’s possible to complete the application for food stamps over the phone, but it might be a lengthy procedure. If you choose to apply for food stamps by phone, see our guide titled How To Navigate The Texas Health and Human Services Helpline, to help you reach an operator faster.
How To Apply For SNAP Benefits At A Local Food Stamp Office
To apply for food stamps in person, you first have to locate a Texas Health and Human Services office in Dallas, TX.
Dallas Food Stamp Offices
Here is a listing of Texas Health and Human Services offices in Dallas. You can get assistance applying for SNAP, Medicaid, or CHIP at any of these locations.
- North Dallas Food Stamp Office – 5455 BLAIR RD, DALLAS, TX, 75231 – 214 750 4619
- Downtown Dallas Food Stamp Office – 1010 CADIZ BLDG B STE 110, DALLAS, TX,75215 – 214 421 7722
- University Hills Food Stamp Office – 1228 A E LEDBETTER DR, DALLAS, TX, 75216 – 214 372 4671
- East Dallas Food Stamp Office – 2020 N MASTERS DR, DALLAS, TX,75217 – 972 216 0087
- Deep Ellum Food Stamp Office – 3910 Gaston Ave,Suite 200, DALLAS, TX,75246 – 214 827 5210
- NW Dallas Food Stamp Office – 12100 FORD ROAD,SUITE B400, DALLAS, TX,75220 – 214 351 6231
- Oak Cliff Food Stamp Office – 1111 W LEDBETTER STE 400, DALLAS, TX,75224 – 214 372 6370
- Duncanville Food Stamp Office – 1467 ACTON AVE, DUNCANVILLE, TX, 75137 – 972 709 8075
- Grand Prarie Food Stamp Office – 801 W FREEWAY, STE. 300, GRAND PRAIRIE, TX, 75051 – 972 795 6500
- Irving Texas Food Stamp Office – 440 S NURSERY RD, STE 200, IRVING, TX, 75060 – 972 579 3080
- Kaufman TX Food Stamp Office – 2525 East Highway 175, KAUFMAN, TX,75142 – 972 932 9160
- Mesquite Food Stamp Office – 6500 NW DR STE 300 , MESQUITE, TX, 75150 -972 681 9778
- Richardson Texas Food Stamp Office – 1059 S Sherman St, Richardson, TX, 75081 – 214 942 2323
- Sherman, TX Food Stamp Office – 2001 LOY LAKE RD STE D, SHERMAN, TX,75090 – 903 892 0581
Download Your Texas SNAP Application
Click HERE to download your SNAP application.
Using The EBT Card (Texas Food Stamps)
After you’ve been approved for SNAP, you can use your EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) or Lone Star Card to make food purchases. You should employ your EBT Card in the same manner that you would a debit card. Your account will be charged with each purchase you make using your EBT Card.
How To Apply For Emergency Food Stamps (Expedited SNAP Benefits)
There are certain circumstances when the Texas Department of Health and Human Services would expedite your food stamp application. You could get emergency food stamps in less than 24 hours if you qualify. To be eligible for expedited SNAP benefits in Texas, you must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- All household members are seasonal or migrant workers and are destitute with less than $100 in funds
- The household has less than $100 in funds and its monthly gross income is under $150
- The monthly household income and cash is less than the household’s monthly housing expenses
Look for this section if you apply for food stamps online or by paper. Your answers in this area will signal to the Texas Department of Health and Human Services that your situation is urgent and might qualify you for emergency SNAP benefits.
You do not need to fill out a special application for emergency food stamps. Simply go online at Your Texas Benefits or by phone (877.541.7905) and the Texas Health and Human Services will check whether you qualify based on your circumstances.
If you are seeking a financial assistance program to help your family, you should consider the SNAP program. This government food assistance program might help you pay for your groceries. Furthermore, this initiative gives you money each month to use for food to feed your family. To apply for food stamps in Dallas you have 3 options:
- Apply online by visiting YourTexasBenefits.com.
- You can call the Texas Health and Human Services Commission to apply for SNAP benefits by phone. The Texas food stamps phone number is 877.541.7905.
- Apply in person at a Dallas food stamp office.
If you have additional questions regarding how to apply for SNAP benefits in Dallas, want a food stamp application, or anything else, please leave a remark below and I will answer.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- 4 Steps To Increase Your Monthly Food Stamp Benefits
- How To Apply For Emergency Food Stamps In Texas
- 18 Low-Cost Clinics In Dallas That Treat The Uninsured
- Parkland Plus: A Health Insurance Plan For The Uninsured In Dallas, TX
- How To Apply For JPS Health Network If You Are Uninsured In Fort Worth
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.