- Jackson Hinds Gardens: Affordable Apartments In Houston For Low-Income Individuals
- What Is Jackson Hinds Gardens?
- What Is The Cost Of This Low-Income Apartment Complex In Houston?
- Is Jackson Hinds Apartment In Houston, TX Felony Friendly?
- Supportive Services Offered
- Eligibility To Stay At Jackson Hinds Gardens
- How To Apply To Stay At This Low-Cost Apartment In North Houston?
Jackson Hinds Gardens: Affordable Apartments In Houston For Low-Income Individuals
Jackson Hinds Gardens is a Houston-based apartment complex that offers affordable housing to low-income and homeless individuals.
The apartments are conveniently located in Houston, and they provide an opportunity for people who may not otherwise be able to afford to live on their own.
Continue reading to learn more about this affordable housing option in Houston for homeless and low-income individuals.
What Is Jackson Hinds Gardens?
Jackson Hinds is an apartment complex in Houston that offers affordable living to the homeless and people who have limited incomes. These are low-cost single-room occupancy (SRO) apartments that are located in the Studewood neighborhood off North Shepherd. This complex is managed by the Housing Corporation.
Editor’s note: Jackson Hinds does not provide personal care. You will have to be independent to live here.
This apartment complex is located at 607 Thornton Rd, Houston, TX 77018.
What Is The Cost Of This Low-Income Apartment Complex In Houston?
If you are a self-pay resident, the current price is $450. The prices can change, so be sure to call Jackson Hinds Gardens to confirm this monthly rate.
Jackson Hinds makes renting their apartments easy and affordable because there is no application fee or deposit required.
You can also stay at this low-cost north Houston apartment complex if you have a housing voucher from Harris County Housing Authority. You will either pay 30% if you have a monthly income or $0 if you have no income. The cost that you pay will be determined by the Harris County Housing Authority and what they are willing to pay.
Is Jackson Hinds Apartment In Houston, TX Felony Friendly?
This Houston apartment complex is felony friendly, but residents with criminal records are accepted on a case-by-case basis. The only criminal charges that will make it impossible to rent at Jackson Hinds are felonies within the past 5 years, violent felonies, and sex offenders on the lifetime registry.
Supportive Services Offered
This is a good housing option if you are wanting to get back on your feet. There are many supportive services that are offered at this low-income apartment complex like:
- Employment training
- Healthcare for the Homeless medical care
- Case management services to connect you to other community resources
- Substance abuse counseling in Houston (clients do not have to be sober, but this complex is drug and alcohol-free)
- Parking for your car
- On-site laundry
- Transportation assistance for residents
- Vending machines
- A pool table
- BBQ pits
Eligibility To Stay At Jackson Hinds Gardens
These are the requirements to live at this affordable north Houston apartment complex:
- You must have a very low income
- You must pass a background check (this Houston apartment is felony friendly, but acceptance is base on a case by case basis)
- Homeless individuals are accepted by you must prove homelessness
- Accepting of individuals who are displaced by hurricanes
How To Apply To Stay At This Low-Cost Apartment In North Houston?
To apply you must either contact Jackson Hinds Gardens at 713.697.7711 or print and complete their online application.
Jackson Hinds Gardens is a good housing option for those who need long-term housing and want to get back on their feet. The apartments are located in the Studewood neighborhood off North Shepherd, and they offer an affordable place for low-income individuals to live with supportive services like medical care, employment training, substance abuse counseling, parking for your car, vending machines, laundry facilities, and more.
These Houston apartments require that you have a very low monthly income as well as pass a background check on a case-by-case basis.
If you qualify under these criteria and would like to learn more about Jackson Hinds Gardens you can visit the Housing Corporation website or call them at 713.697.7711. The address to this complex is 607 Thornton Rd, Houston, TX 77018.
Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- New Hope Housing: Low Cost SRO Apartments In Houston
- Rooming Houses In Houston: Good Alternatives To Shelters For Housing If You Have A Monthly Income
- The Ultimate Guide To Homeless Shelters In Houston
- 11 Ways To Find Felony Friendly Housing In Houston
- Staffing Agencies In Houston: A Motivated Job Seekers Guide To Finding Employment Fast
- HOPWA Houston: Housing Options For Individuals With HIV Or AIDS
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.