Legacy Community Health: Affordable Houston Medical Clinics For The Uninsured
In this guide, I will talk to you about one of the largest FQHC clinics in Houston. The name of this medical provider is Legacy Community Health.
Many people who are uninsured do not seek health care because they believe that you must be insured. This is not accurate, because in each city there are clinics and hospitals that can treat you. The best option for you if you are uninsured or considered low-income is something called a Federally Qualified Health Center or FQHC.
I’m Nick Bryant, founder of HoustonCaseManagers.com where we help medical professionals and clients understand the healthcare options that are available to them like Houston FQHC clinics.
Today I will talk to you an affordable Houston healthcare network called Legacy Community Health. If you need outpatient health care but lack insurance, continue reading to learn about the services they offer.
Sliding Scale Payment System
While services are not necessarily free, however, Legacy Clinic can treat you regardless of your financial situation or even if you are uninsured.
The price you pay for an office visit is based on somethin called a “sliding scale” payment system. The “sliding scale” adjusts according to your monthly income. Someone with a full-time job would pay more for medical services (because they can) as opposed to someone who has no job or a monthly income.
Legacy Community Health Services Offered To Clients
Below is a list of medical services that are offered at various Legacy Clinics in Houston.
- Adult Medicine – Legacy provides affordable primary care to adults in Houston as well as these medical services:
- Physical exams like annual checkups, blood pressure screenings, lab tests.
- Chronic Disease management in Houston to diagnose ad treat conditions like high blood pressures, diabetes, high cholesterol.
- Men can get cancer screenings for prostate, testicular, and colon cancer. They can also get STD testing in Houston and be screened for chronic conditions.
- Women’s services include cancer screenings for breast, cervical, and colon cancer. There is treatment for STD’s and contraception services.
- Legacy will provide non-emergency procedures related to asthma, skin infections and UTIs.
- Behavioral Health – Mental health services for conditions like depression, bipolar, anxiety, schizophrenia, ADHD, developmental delays, and learning disabilities for children in Houston are offered.
- Dental Care – Dental services include: children’s dentistry, dental cleanings, dental exams/screenings, and fillings. They even provide urgent care for extreme toothaches and cracked molars at Montrose, Baker-Ripley, Lyons, San Jacinto clinics.
- Endocrinology – Endocrinology comprises a number of hormonal conditions. Legacy clinic offers affordable endocrinology care in Houston to treat conditions like: hormonal care, diabetes, pituitary disorders, osteoporosis, lipid disorders, high cholesterol, thyroid problems, metabolic disorders, adrenal glands.
- Geriatrics – This includes annual exams, chronic disease, constipation, falls, incontinence, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, and end of life planning.
- HIV/STD Screenings – Free testing for HIV and STDs in Houston, pregnancy, and PrEP.
- LGBTQ Services – HIV/STD screening, transgender specialty care, vision tests, social services.
- OBGYN and Maternity – birth planning, contraceptive counseling, free pregnancy tests, prenatal care, routine annual examinations, routine ultrasound, STI,
- Pediatrics – Well-child visits, sports physicals, adolescent care, lactation consulting.
- Pharmacy – Fills prescriptions, prescription delivery, med counseling, smoking cessation, immunizations.
- Vaccinations and Immunizations – Flu, hepatitis B, DTP, HPV, back to school shots.
- Vision – Eye exams, diabetic visions, glaucoma testing, HIV vision exams, contact lenses, prescription glasses, frames, lens.
Not all Legacy clinics offer each of the services above. To learn about services at each clinic you will need to contact the individual clinics. In the next section I will provide you with a listing of clinics in this network.
Legacy Clinic COVID 19 Vaccine
Legacy is providing COVID 19 vaccines to it’s clients. To learn more about how to get a COVID 19 vaccine at one of their Houston clinics refer to their COVID 19: What You Need To Know page for more information.
Where Are The Legacy Clinics in Houston
There are at least 10 Legacy Clinics in the Harris County area. No matter where you live in Houston, Legacy likely has an affordable clinic near you.
- MapleRidge Clinic – 6550 Mapleridge St Suite 106 Houston, TX 77081 – 713.779.7200
- Southwest Clinic – 6441 High Star Houston, TX 77074 – 832.548.5300
- Baker-Ripley Clinic – 6500 Rookin St, Building B, Suite 200 Houston, TX 77074 – 713.351.7350
- Montrose Clinic – 1415 California St Houston, TX 77006 – 832.548.5100
- Branard Clinic – 401 Branard St, Level 3 Houston, TX 77006 – 713.366.7444
- Bissonnet Clinic – 12667 Bissonnet Houston, TX 77099 – 281.498.6100
- Lyons Clinic – 3811 Lyons Ave Houston, TX 77020 – 832.548.5400
- Santa Clara Clinic – 5616 Lawndale St Suite A108 Houston, TX 77023 – 713.921.0075
- San Jacinto Clinic – 4301 Garth Rd Houston, TX 77521 – 281.420.8400
- Deer Park Clinic – 3430 Center St Houston, TX 77536 – 281.628.2040
Legacy Community Health is a great option for anyone who is uninsured in Houston. This is a Harris County FQHC clinic that will work with you regardless of your financial situation, so give them a call.
They provide services like primary care, mental health services, dental, and COVID 19 vaccines in Houston, and much more.
For more information, you can visit the Legacy Clinic website or call them at 832.548.5000.
Similar Articles That May Be Of Interest To You:
- 15 Low Cost Medical Clinics In Houston That Treat The Uninsured
- How To apply for Harris Health Gold Card
- St Marys Clinic: An Affordable Medical Clinic In Southeast Houston For The Uninsured
- Spring Branch Community Health: Low Cost Medical Clinics For The Uninsured In West Houston
- Hope Clinic: Affordable Medical Care In SW Houston
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.