How To Renew Your Texas SNAP Benefits
This article will explain how to renew your Texas food stamps. The food stamp program, also known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) offers low-income households assistance paying for food each month. If you are on this program, it’s important that your benefits continue uninterrupted, since this would make it more difficult to provide food for your family. Continue reading to learn more about how and when to renew your food stamp benefits in Texas.
What Are SNAP Benefits?
SNAP is a federal- and state-funded food program that provides monthly benefits to qualifying households to purchase nutritious food. Households which meet the low-income guidelines may be eligible for SNAP; households with an elderly or disabled member, pregnant women, and large families are also categorically eligible.
Renewing Your Texas Food Stamps
You will need to renew your Texas SNAP benefits before the end of your certification period. The certification period simply means the amount of time that you receive Texas food stamps. For most households in Texas, the certification period will last for 6 months.
3 Ways To Renew Your Texas Food Stamps
- Renew your food stamps online by visiting the Your Texas Benefits website.
- Visit a Texas food stamp office near you. These offices are also known as the Texas Health and Human Services office.
- Contact Texas Health and Human Services at 877.541.7905 to renew your Texas food stamps by phone.
How To Find A Texas Food Stamp Office
To locate the food stamp office in Texas near you, you can visit the Texas Health and Human Services website. They offer a search that you can use to see the food stamp office near your home. We explain the process in our community resource guide titled How To Find A Texas Food Stamp Office Near You.
In this article, we’ve shown you how to renew your Texas food stamps. This is a critical step if you want to keep receiving the benefits of an uninterrupted SNAP program. If you have questions about renewing your Texas SNAP benefits you can call them at 877.541.7905, visit the food stamp office near your, or visit the Texas Health and Human Services website for more information. Similar Articles That May Interest You:
- 4 Ways To Increase Your Monthly Food Stamp Benefits
- Emergency Food Stamps: How To Expedite Your Benefits To Receive Them In Less Than 24 Hours
- How To Apply For SNAP Benefits In Houston
- Dallas Food Stamps: How To Apply For SNAP In Dallas Texas
- How To Find San Antonio Food Stamp Offices
- Where To Find Food Stamp Offices In Austin Texas
Nick Bryant is a Counselor with 11 years of experience working in community health. He enjoys concerts, walks with the doggo and wife, mocking Dallas Cowboy fans, and sharing community resources. Jump on the Houston Case Managers email list to receive weekly community resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.