On this page you will find a number of Houston housing programs.
Whether you need a listing of Houston homeless shelters or Section 8 housing you will find both of these resources and more on this page.
If you are unsure about which Houston Housing option, might be best for you checkout our suggestions below
- Are you homeless? See our Houston Homeless Shelters article.
- Do you work part-time or receive SSI? Consider our guide on Houston Rooming Houses.
- Are your receiving SSI, but need help caring for yourself? If this is true, see our article on Personal Care Homes in Houston.
- Are you interested in applying for housing? Refer to our Houston Housing section.
- Were you approved for section 8? Checkout our Section 8 Housing listings.
- Do you work full-time? Use our Houston Apartment Finders guide.
Houston Housing Programs
In this section, you will find how to guides on applying for housing programs in Houston.
- How To Apply For Houston Housing– This is a how-to guide on applying for the Houston Housing Authority. Single adults, couples, families, and seniors are encouraged to apply.
- How To Apply For New Hope Housing – This housing guide helps you apply for New Hope Housing. New Hope only offers housing to single adults.
- How To Apply For Section 8 Housing – This guide helps you to understand the Section 8 Housing Program and then apply. This information is useful whether you live in Houston or anywhere else in the U.S.
Houston Homeless Shelters
Below you will find listings of homeless shelters in Houston. Shelter is offered to men, women, children, and families.
- Where To Find Homeless Shelters In Houston – In this article, we have compiled a listing of at least 30 Houston homeless shelters.
Houston Rooming Houses
Rooming houses are good alternatives to shelters, especially if you have a steady income. If you receive SSI or work part-time and would like the privacy of your own room, a rooming house could suit your needs.
- Where To Find Rooming Houses In Houston – In this article, you will find listings to at least 8 rooming houses in the city.
Houston Personal Care Homes
Personal care homes are good options for people with disabilities, seniors or anyone who is self-sufficient, yet needs some assistance.
- Personal Care homes in Houston – In this article, you will find a listing of at least 60 Houston personal care homes.
Houston Apartment Finders
Here you will find information on Houston Apartment finders. If you are considering moving use the FREE services that apartmenter finders offer to find your new place.
- Free Apartment Finders in Houston – In this guide we will explain what apartment locators do, how you can benefit from them and who you can call for help finding apartments in Houston.
Section 8 Housing in Houston
Below you will find links to various low-cost apartments and residential homes, some with waiting lists, some income based. The links below are a good option if you have a monthly income and need housing soon.
- Jersey Village
- Missouri City
- North Houston
- South Houston
If you offer housing services contact Houston Case Managers at Houbusy@gmail.com to have your information added to our site.